For planning, Building Regs and construction. As a Chartered Architectural Technologist, Tim produces drawings in Revit to meet Building Regs.
Tim Martel BSc BA MCIAT CEPHD
Chartered Architectural Technologist
T: 01453 759466 M: 07531 288147
Eliminate condensation, mould and rot problems, and their risk to health! We offer expertise to ensure moisture isn’t trapped by any insulation you put on, so that you don’t get any unpleasant surprises in the future. Brick is a very absorbent material and buildings will already have quite a lot of water in them. Making materials ‘vapour-open’ often leads to more damage. We can also test how junctions will perform using thermal bridge software called THERM. Tim has done over 70 thermal bridge calculations, his work has been checked and he has also had his calculations tested.
The obvious benefit is your home can be warmer without needing so much heating, but also consider….
● make your home more healthy by making it warmer, with better air quality and eliminating mould
● share out the cost if repairs are needed anyway
● improve the appearance
● save energy and protect yourself from future price rises
● reduce fossil fuel impact on the environment
● make use of grants that may be available in your area
● make it quieter, triple glazing reduces road, train or aircraft noise
● retrofits pay for themselves over their lifetime
Reviewing your options
Tim Martel filmed interviews with home owners who had retrofitted for Transition Stroud in May 2017. Many home owners, when interviewed about the retrofit afterwards, would have done it slightly differently. You may be eager to start and keen to save every penny, the best way to do that is to plan ahead with expert help. Insulation for walls can be internal or external. It’s also important to be aware of the costs associated with your choices so you can get the best result for your budget and circumstances.