You can use PHribbon on
- PC (some have also run it on a Mac running Parallels, with the PC version of Excel installed)
- Microsoft Office 2010 or later
- PHribbon v2 now supports PHPP v9.6, v9.3, v9.1 and v8.5 for all modules. The Passivhaus institute provides a free upgrade from versions 9.1 to 9.3 to version 9.6, please contact their main enquiries number +49 615 182 6990 or email phpp @ passiv.de (no spaces)
You will need a licence key for each computer. To buy a licence key please open the FindSerialNum spreadsheet and press the button. This just looks for a unique code on your computer. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the 4 digit number it gives and the options you would like:
- £45 Base module
Required for all options, includes buttons 1-5, 7, 12, 13
- £30 Costing module
Indicative costs for retrofits, buttons 9-11 incl Variants and Step by Step
- £75 Daylight Factor module
Separate Spreadsheet written by Mark Siddall of LEAP and automatic data transfer from PHPP
- £60 New! Embodied CO2 module released Oct 2019
Calculates retrofit or construction CO2 using areas from your PHPP
- International Version
Same options and prices as above. Omits the UK climate tool and if the costing module is chosen the user would need to replace costs with those for their own area in their own currency
Software will be emailed to you. Once you have the software you will need to enable macros, macros are already part of PHPP v9.6 variants version written by the Passivhaus Institute. You can enable them each time you open a spreadsheet that uses them. Enter the licence key at the top of the install tab. If you change your computer in the future, that’s no problem, a new code can be sent to you free of charge.
There are 3 parts to the training: training videos, question and answer seminars and a user guide.
1. Training Videos for v2
Build PHPP part 1
Build PHPP part 2, Daylight Factor, Graph variants, TBs
Daylight Factor – Mark Siddall’s training for his daylight factor spreadsheet
New Embodied CO2 part 1 – Basic use (13 min)
New Embodied CO2 part 2 – timber stud walls and I-beams, battens and finishes, comparison graphs
New Embodied CO2 part 3 – refining transport distances, windows
New Embodied CO2 part 4 – alternative I-beam entry, retrofit loft insulation, unknowns, checking
New Embodied CO2 part 5 – Advanced: Transport factors and adding new data to PHribbon
Retrofit Costs, ‘Simple’ option
Retrofit Costs, ‘Variants’ and ‘Step by Step’ options
2. PHribbon Seminars
We are now having question and answer seminars for PHribbon once a month.
The next one will be Thurs 19th Dec 2019 at 1pm
Please contact Tim Martel for joining instructions.
3. User Manual
A user manual is provided with the software and can be accessed through the menu. Another copy is available here
Licence Agreement Terms and Conditions
By using this software you agree to these terms:
- Users may not redistribute the PHribbon spreadsheet, or repackage it free of charge or otherwise.
- The software has been rigorously tested and great care has been taken to ensure there are no errors, however not every situation in which PHPP can be used can be foreseen, therefore checks for costs are still recommended. Any mistakes found will be corrected free of charge and all users updated. The user is responsible for checking the figures, especially in circumstances where they are critical. In extreme circumstances the maximum compensation will be a refund of the price paid for the software. By using this software you agree that no legal claim can be made against the AECB nor Tim Martel.
- Costs provided are indicative only and are the best information available to the author. By their very nature they are variable according to location, supplier and quantity. They serve only as a starting point and can be updated at any time either for one project (i.e. changing the figure in the costs tab in the PHPP) or by changing the master table for all future projects in the PHribbon spreadsheet.
- The price of the software includes a short software manual. For the quickest way to learn we highly recommend training, though this is an extra cost. Minor updates may be available from time to time free of charge. Revisions of the thermal bridge library and various other libraries will be made available if funds from sales allow.